Princess Beatrice's unlocked BMW stolen
Thursday, January 8, 2009
British royal , age 20, has become the victim of thieves, who stole her prized 17,000 black while she and her police bodyguard were shopping in in — leaving the vehicle's keys in the ignition.
The luxury car, which has a personalised number plate and contained some personal items, was a gift from her father,, for her 17th birthday in 2005.
Media reports said that Beatrice was "extremely embarrassed" about the theft in a street in thearea, which happened Wednesday just after 9am in London. She later joined her sister, , age 18, at a nearby pub. Metropolitan Police said Westminster officers were investigating the reports.
The BMW 1 Series (code names E82 and E87,) is a small-luxury car / small family car produced by the German automakersince 2004. The 1 Series is the only vehicle in its class featuring rear-wheel drive and a engine.
(Beatrice Elizabeth Mary; born 8 August 1988) is the elder daughter of and . Thus, she is fifth person and the first female in the to the thrones of . When she was born, she was the first princess born into the immediate royal family since in 1950.
This is not the first time the Princess suffered a loss. In December, herMax went missing in , but reappeared three weeks later on Saturday, alive and well.
- "Princess Beatrice's BMW is stolen" — , January 8, 2009
- "Princess Beatrice's car stolen" — , January 8, 2009
- Lucy Cockcroft. "Thieves steal Princess Beatrice's BMW after she left keys in ignition" — , January 8, 2009
- Royal Watch News. "Princess Beatrice's car stolen" — , January 8, 2009
- "BMW 1 Series" — , 2008
- "Princess Beatrice reveals secrets" — , August 3, 2005