Roland De Wolfe wins the European Poker Tour Dublin
Thursday, November 2, 2006
"This week I didn't have the luck of the Irish, I had the luck of the whole of Europe", De Wolfe said. "It's an honour to be the first person to win an EPT title and a WPT title when there are so many good players out there. I'm thrilled".
The Dublin EPT event brought up a field of 389 players from around the globe, De Wolfe managed to outplay the entire field to gain his champion slice of the Euro 1,847,750 prize pool.
Fighting for the top prize or at least a slice of the Euro 1 847 750 prize pool were many international players, and the final table was made up of U.K. players Rob Yong, Gavin Simms, and Nick Slade as well as William Thorson, of Sweden; George McKeever, from Ireland; and Patrick Bueno and David Tavernier, both from France.
The final rankings were as follows:
- 1st Roland De Wolfe Euro 554,300
- 2nd David Tavernier Euro 314,120
- 3rd William Thorson Euro 184,780
- 4th Gavin Simms Euro 138,580
- 5th George McKeever Euro 112,710
- 6th Rob Yong Euro 88,690
- 7th Nick Slade Euro 70,210
- 8th Patrick Bueno Euro 51,740
- Nicky O'Donnell. "EPT Dublin Final Table: De Wolfe Captures first EPT Title" — , October 30, 2006