Scientist Stephen Hawking rushed to hospital in ambulance
Monday, April 20, 2009
Scientist Stephen Hawking, 67, has been taken to a hospital in an ambulance after falling very ill, reports .
According to a physicist at United Kingdom, "Professor Hawking is very ill" and had been rushed to in to undergo tests.in the
His condition is not yet known, but according to the University, Hawking has been ill with a chest infection for a few weeks. On April 6, he cancelled an appearance atdue to his illness. Hawking also suffers from severe .
"He [Hawking] is undergoing tests. He has been unwell for a couple of weeks," said the university in a statement. In a later statement, the University stated that Hawking was resting comfortably "but will be kept in hospital overnight" for observation.
head Peter Haynes offered his sympathy saying, "Professor Hawking is a remarkable colleague. We all hope he will be amongst us again soon." Hawking has worked in the same department as Haynes for over 30 years.
- Robert Barr. "Stephen Hawking hospitalized, reported very ill" — , April 20, 2009
- "Stephen Hawking 'very ill' in hospital" — , April 20, 2009
- "Cambridge University says scientist Stephen Hawking is hospitalized and "very ill"" — , April 20, 2009
- "Top Scientist Stephen Hawking 'Very Ill'" — , April 20, 2009
- "Scientist Hawking ill in hospital" — , April 20, 2009
- Barr, Robert. "Stephen Hawking hospitalized, reported very ill" — , April 20, 2009
- Pifer, Jennifer. "Scientist Stephen Hawking 'very ill'" — , April 20, 2009