Second school in Haiti collapses
Thursday, November 13, 2008
The Grace Divine school partially collapsed while school was in session, but no one was trapped or killed. At least two people were transported to an area hospital with serious injuries. Reports state that most of the children attending the school, were outside playing in the playground when the collapse occurred.
An investigation is being conducted, but authorities believe that the collapse could have been caused by recent heavy rains in the region.
On November 7, 89 people were killed and over 150 were injured when the three story College La Promesse Evangelique collapsed. Authorities say that there are at least 200 people missing, all believed to buried in the rubble. Eight years ago the same school partially collapsed and authorities say that poor reconstruction was to blame for the incident. At least 700 children were attending class when it collapsed.
- "Death toll rises in Haitian school collapse" — Wikinews, November 8, 2008
- "Dozens dead after school collapses in Haiti" — Wikinews, November 7, 2008
- "Second school collapse hits Haiti" — , November 12, 2008
- "Second school collapses in Haiti" — , November 12, 2008
- Johnathon M. Katz. "9 injured in 2nd Haiti school collapse" — , November 12, 2008