Serbia and Montenegro: Red Star advances to cup finals
Wednesday, May 11, 2005
Red Star (Crvena Zvezda) Belgrade advanced to the Serbia and Montenegro football cup finals, after defeating Partizan Belgrade with a score of 2:0 yesterday. The first goal was scored by Nikola Žigić in the tenth minute (10'). Krivokapić scored the other goal in the final moments of the match - 90'.
The game between city rivals was attended by only about 8,000 fans. Aside from heavy rain, many fans of both Red Star and Partizan decided to boycott the game.
Red Star's fans were forbidden from performing their traditional choreography at the beginning of the match, probably due to riots that took place the last time Red Star and Partizan played a regular league game. Partizan's fans displayed a large sign reading "Football Association of Serbia and Montenegro = mafia."
Red Star has a chance to win the cup against Železnik, while Partizan is on its way to win the league with a 7 point lead.
- Red Star:
- Ranđelović, Milovanović, Luković, Đorđević, Dudić, Biševac, Kovačević, Janković, Perović, Žigić, Pantelić
- Banović, Joksimović, Krivokapić, Mudrinić, Đokaj, Mrđa, Bogavac
- Kralj, Rnić, Mirković, Đorđević, Emeghara, Nađ, Brnović, Ilić, Vukčević, Boya, Odita
- Pantić, Ćirković, Radović, Petrović, Milović, Tomić, Grubješić.
- "Kup: Crvena zvezda - Partizan 2:0" — , May 11, 2005