Seven plotted to blow up Sears Tower
Friday, June 23, 2006
Seven people arrested in Miami allegedly planned attacks on Sears Tower in Chicago and other buildings as part of pledge to al-Qaeda to wage war against the United States. They are also accused of having planned attacks on FBI buildings.
Attorney General Alberto Gonzales said Friday that "seven young men arrested in Miami were part of a group of "homegrown terrorists" who sought to work with al-Qaida but ended up consorting instead with a law enforcement informant."
The terror suspects
The men's names are the following:
- Narseal Batiste
- Patrick Abraham
- Stanley Grant Phanor
- Naudimar Herrera
- Burson Augustin
- Lyglenson Lemorin
- Rotschild Augustine
The seven individuals, are ranging in age from 22 to 32.
They were due to appear in a Miami magistrate court on Friday.
- "U.S.: 'Homegrown terrorists' eyed Sears Tower" — , June 23, 2006
- "Arrested Miami men planned "war" against US" — , June 23, 2006
- Mark Sherman. "Terror Suspects Sought Ties With al-Qaida" — , June 23, 2006
- "Seven indicted in alleged Sears Tower plot" — ,
- Caroline Drees. "US faces uphill fight convicting 7 Miami suspects" — , June 23, 2006
|This page has been automatically archived by a robot, and is no longer publicly editable.|