Seven youths shot in Detroit, Michigan
Tuesday, June 30, 2009
The victims were one block away from their school, Cody High School, at a bus stop in Detroit's west side. The gunmen left a green minivan, approached the teenagers and asked for a particular person before opening fire, according to Roderick Grimes, Chief of Detroit Public Schools Police.
Five of the victims were students of Cody Ninth Grade Academy and were just leaving summer classes. Four of the victims were boys and three were girls, all aged between 14 and 17 years old.
Steve Wasko, a spokesman for the school, claimed there was "nothing that we're aware of at this time" to suggest that the shooting was related to any in-school dispute. Gangs are active in the area in which the shooting happened.
- Jeff Karoub. "Police: 7 teens shot near Detroit school" — , June 30, 2009
- "Seven teenagers shot at Detroit bus stop: report" — , June 30, 2009
- "Police: 7 shot near school in Detroit" — , 30 June, 2009
- B Williams. "Police: Seven shot on Detroit's west side" — , June 30, 2009
- "7 teens shot near high school, 2 critical" — , June 30, 2009