Shooting at diner in Carson City, Nevada
Tuesday, September 6, 2011
Seven people have been shot and five killed in an Nevada. Three members of the National Guard are dead as well as a woman in the restaurant and a motorcyclist who was shot outside the restaurant. The gunman also shot himself and then died in a hospital in Reno. Three people died at the scene and six were transported to hospital after the shooting.diner in ,
The gunman opened fire around 09:00 Pacific time (16:00 GMT) in the strip mall restaurant in South Carson Street. He is reported to have arrived on the scene in a blue minivan, in black shorts and a red shirt, and used an AK-47 assault rifle. The gunman was identified by police as 32-year-old Eduardo Sencion, a recently bankrupted man from the town of, Nevada.
The State Capitol building and the Nevada Supreme Court were put into lockdown for forty minutes following the shooting.
- Ian Lovett. "5 Die, Including Gunman, in Nevada IHOP Attack" — , September 6, 2011
- Sandra Chereb. "IHOP gunman dead after killing 3, wounding 6" — , September 6, 2011
- Jessica Hopper. "Two Dead in Carson City Nevada IHOP Shooting Rampage" — , September 6, 2011
- "Gunman opens fire at IHOP diner in Carson City, Nevada" — , September 6, 2011
- "Eyewitness to Carson City shooting: This happens in third world countries, not here" — , September 6, 2011