Sony refreshes VAIO brand for business and entertainment
Thursday, July 31, 2008
From the middle of July, Sony Corporation refreshed their senior laptop brand VAIO from "Video Audio Integrated Operation" to "Visual Audio Intelligent Organizer". According to Sony Taiwan Limited, this refreshment is an attempt to relocate the laptop consuming market for business and entertainment factors.
In the "VAIO Experience 2008" press conference in Europe, Sony promoted their new product series for different populations including BZ for business, FW for home entertainment, Z for ultra-slim, and SR for complex applications.
Different with past series, Sony added "Clear Bright" screening technology for high-definition display, and "full-carbon production" features. BD-burning and Intel Centrino 2 processing technologies will be featured in all the new models. For security issue, Sony also embedded fingerprint system to prevent personal data to be stolen. Continued from TZ series, innovative designs including "Green Power Button", "Situational Switch" are also added in newly-launched series.
"Due to consuming market differences, Sony only promoted BZ series in Europe and America but not included Asia. Although the TICA Show in Taipei will be different, functionality will be the greatest issue when a consumers choose a notebook [computer] before buying." addressed by executives from Sony Taiwan Limited, during the "VAIO Experience 2008" press conference in Taiwan.
- "Intel launches Centrino 2 aiming for performance and mobility" — Wikinews, July 16, 2008
- John Morris. "Sony's Centrino 2 laptop lineup" — , July 16, 2008
- Matt Chapman. "Sony entertains with Blu-ray Vaio" — , July 16, 2008
- Hugo Jobling. "Sony Refreshes Vaio Line-up" — , July 17, 2008
- Ian Williams. "Sony unveils Vaio business notebooks" — , July 18, 2008
- Jacqueline Emigh. "Sony to offer 'Graphic Splash' for select Vaio FW notebooks" — , July 18, 2008
- Press Release: "VAIO Experience 2008" — , July 18, 2008
- Nino Marchetti. "Sony VAIO Z laptops sprout style, Centrino 2 chips" — , July 21, 2008