Sony unveils Playstation 3
Tuesday, May 17, 2005
The PlayStation 3 console is planned to:
- Be based on IBM's Cell processor, containing nine separate processing cores, eight of which are to run at 3.2 GHz.
- Contain six USB 2.0 ports and be compatible with a maximum of seven controllers through Bluetooth technology.
- Use Blu-ray technology, with which a single disc can hold as much as 50 gigabytes.
- Be able to play MP3s and display digital photographs.
The PlayStation 3 is planned to be available in white, black, or silver color, in the spring of 2006.
Bluetooth (up to 7), USB 2.0 (wired), Wi-Fi (PSP), Network (over IP)
- Matthew Yi. "Sony PS3 console unveiled: Improved graphics, wireless capability among features" — , Tuesday, May 17, 2005
- "Sony shows off new PlayStation 3" — , May 17, 2005
- "Sony Computer Entertainment unveils PlayStation 3" — , May 17, 2005