Spanish football: Juanfran signs one-year contract extension with Atlético Madrid
Monday, June 25, 2018
The Spanish defender joined the club in January 2011 and has featured in 325 matches for them. During his tenure at Atlético Madrid, Juanfran has won one Spanish LaLiga title, two trophies, one , and one . Juanfran has also played 22 matches in the Spanish jersey, participating in the 2012 and 2016 tournaments as well as the . With the national team, Juanfran won the 2012 UEFA Euro tournament.
After signing the contract, 33-year-old Juanfran said, "Staying one more season at home makes me very proud and happy. I'm very excited about renewing one more year with the team of my life. My commitment and loyalty to this club make my heart just think about being a 'rojiblanco' player. I just can't wait for next season to start to continue giving the maximum in each match and makes all the atléticos feel proud of me. Forza Atleti" ((es))Spanish language: Seguir un año más en mi casa me llena de orgullo y felicidad. Renovar un año más con el equipo de mi vida me llena de ilusión. Mi compromiso y lealtad a este club hacen que mi corazón solo piense en ser rojiblanco. Estoy deseando que empiece el año que viene para seguir dando el máximo en cada partido y que todos los atléticos se sientan orgullosos de mí. Forza Atleti.
Juanfran's previous contract was set to expire this summer.
- "Juanfran Signs New Atletico Madrid Deal" — , June 22, 2018
- "Atletico Madrid renew Juanfran's contract for another season" — , June 22, 2018
- "Juanfran Torres latest to renew contract with Atlético" — , June 22, 2018
- "Juanfran renews his contract one more season" — , June 22, 2018
- "Juanfran seguirá como rojiblanco una temporada más" — , June 22, 2018 ()