Stampede during funeral procession of Qasem Soleimani causes deaths, delays burial
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Thursday, January 9, 2020
The stampede, which occurred in, resulted in at least 56 deaths and over 200 people injured, according to state television. Attendance at the procession in Kerman, Soleimani's hometown, was by varying reports tens or hundreds of thousands. It was to have been the last of several funeral processions for Soleimani.
More than a million people attended an earlier funeral procession, which took place in Tehran on Monday.
- "Iraqi Parliament votes for expulsion of United States troops" — Wikinews, January 7, 2020
- "United States military kills Qasem Soleimani" — Wikinews, January 5, 2020
- "Dozens killed in stampede at Soleimani's funeral: Iran state TV" — , January 8, 2020
- "35 killed, 48 injured in stampede at Iranian general's funeral procession: report" — , January 7, 2020
- "Burial of slain Iranian general Soleimani delayed due to huge crowds, STAMPEDE kills 40 – state media" — , January 7, 2020