Talk:California Senate votes to allow gay marriages
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Wasn't Massachusetts the first state to re-define marriage? --Mrmiscellanious 02:29, 2 September 2005 (UTC)
- Also, I'm having a hard time looking at this quote:
"We're looking for three votes, and I can't tell you today who the three will be, but I think the power of the success coming from the floor of the Senate today will give us the necessary momentum and encouragement to do what we all know is the right thing to do."
- Any chance this can be trunicated before the bolded statement? --Mrmiscellanious 02:35, 2 September 2005 (UTC)
- I say leave the quote as it is. -- NGerda 04:37, September 2, 2005 (UTC)
- I think:
- "We're looking for three votes...to do what we all know is the right thing..."
- would be a nice concise quote, without changing the meaning. StuRat 22:55, 2 September 2005 (UTC)
- Arny is a rather moderate Republican, he is also for overriding the US Clean Air Act with stricter standards in CAL, which the EPA doesn't like at all. StuRat 22:55, 2 September 2005 (UTC)