Talk:English edition of Wikipedia is now larger than the Spanish Encyclopedia ESPASA
Just want to let people know that I have tidied the article up a little from the original, mainly fixing spelling and incorrect use of words. A great and interesting article there - Cartman02au 06:46, 17 December 2005 (UTC)
News or propaganda?
Hello everyone, I'm a frequent Wikinews reader, and I would like to say that I'm a bit worried that two news have appeared in recent days about the success of Wikipedia. I personally think Wikipedia is great, but I wonder if Wikinews isn't giving this topic too much attention. Thor Waldsen 14:25, 17 December 2005 (UTC)
- Wikijournalist are internet nuts, they just want to highlight the speed at which things happen this century.--Tequendamia 21:20, 17 December 2005 (UTC)
Quantity vs. Quality
This also mentions nothing about the quality of the material in Wikipedia vs. the Spanish Encyclopedia, and since the question of the quality of Wikipedia's articles have been in the news, that would seem relevant when making this comparison. anonymous 14:35, 17 December 2005 (UTC)
- Anon here, I agree. Take it down a notch would you. It strikes me as disrespectful
- No doubt about that. All ESPASA articles must be carefully written.--Tequendamia 21:22, 17 December 2005 (UTC)
- Given Wikipedia's appalling recent exposure, I can hardly begrudge them for wanting to scrape together some brownie points, but all they're doing is comparing apples to oranges. Rotten apples, too.
We recently published an article about wikipedia's quality. (yeah this may be a bit much on 'pedia) Bawolff ☺☻
- The article gives an idea of how large Wikipedia would be if it was printed in paper.--Tequendamia 02:23, 19 December 2005 (UTC)
Thats only text too, and only en If i interpet it corectly. Bawolff ☺☻ 03:58, 19 December 2005 (UTC)
Hi, please add ru:Английская версия Википедии превзошла испанскую энциклопедию ESPASA. Thanks, ×α£đ~es 01:32, 6 June 2009 (UTC)
- Done--Brian McNeil / talk 01:37, 6 June 2009 (UTC)
- Done Tempodivalse [talk] 01:38, 6 June 2009 (UTC)