Talk:Stolen Leonardo da Vinci painting recovered by police
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Request for edits
The following corrections need to be made to this article:
- The image is not of the painting that was stolen; this is a reproduction of the correct painting.
- The caption should read "Leonardo da Vinci's Madonna of the Yarnwinder (c. 1501)", not "da Vinci's".
- The image captioned "A drawing of Drumlanrig Castle" is an engraving, not a drawing. A photo could be used instead, such as this.
- Regarding some (but not all) of these, note that we do not replace images on our archived articles; the image choice is part of the historical record. (Cf. Template:Missing image/message.) --Pi zero (talk) 19:39, 20 January 2013 (UTC)
- Not done — While these changes should have been made in the article before it was published, it's too late now. None of these errors have an effect on the facts of the article, so they can be tolerated in an archived article. That "da Vinci" one sure makes me cringe though. Eeesh. I'm removing the edit protect request. — Gopher65talk 02:45, 2 November 2013 (UTC)