Two PhD students shot dead in Louisiana
Friday, December 14, 2007
The deceased students have been identified as Chandrashekhar Reddy Komma and Kiran Kumar Allam, both of who hailed from Andhra Pradesh, India. They were doctorate students at the Louisiana State University (LSU). The homicides occurred at the Edwards Gay Apartments on the school's campus, and police have been searching for three suspects. These appear to be the first killings on the campus since the early 1990s.
The bodies were discovered after Allam's pregnant wife called emergencyto request urgent medical aid. Both men had been shot once through the head, according to Charles Zewe, a spokesperson for the EWU system. Officers and medical personnel were immediately dispatched to the scene. The University officials gathered the latest information and sent out an emergency text message to the members of the LSU community who had previously registered their phone numbers with the university's emergency text-messaging system.
"From what we're being told, Komma was bound with a computer cable and shot," Zewe said. "The other man was found near the door." There were no indications of a forced entry.
"Police actually think it was a straight home invasion and not a concern to the rest of the campus," said Kristine Calongne, a university spokesperson. The university was not in a state ofat any time.
- Associated Press. "Two Indian doctoral students killed on US university campus" — , December 14, 2007
- "2 Indian students murdered in US" — , December 14, 2007
- "Two Indian students shot dead in Louisiana university" — , December 14, 2007
- "2 Louisiana State Students Found Dead" — , December 14, 2007
- Melinda Deslatte. "2 Ph.D Students Killed on LSU Campus" — , December 14, 2007
- "2 Indian students shot dead on US campus" — , December 14, 2007