Two remanded after court appearance over Liam Aitchison murder
Tuesday, December 13, 2011
Two men have made a private court appearance in relation to their charges of the murder of Liam Aitchison on the island of Lewis, in the Western Isles of Scotland. 21-year-old Jonathan MacKinnon, from Stornoway, and 20-year-old Stefan Miller, who lives in the Carloway district nearby, were both charged with the murder of the 16-year-old male at a brief court hearing in Inverness Sheriff Court yesterday.
The accused made no declarations or pleas at the private court hearing yesterday afternoon. They were subsequently remanded in custody. Examination of this case is to continue.
Aitchison's body was discovered in an abandoned building in Steinish, in the outer area of Stornoway, on November 22. Prior to the discovery, he had been missing for one week. The revelation of his death came across as "heartbreaking", according to Aitchison's family. His murder is the first to have occurred on the island for approximately forty years.
- "Scottish police charge two over Liam Aitchison murder" — Wikinews, December 12, 2011
- "'There's been another murder': UK's Wright Stuff presenter apologises for teen murder comments" — Wikinews, December 8, 2011
- "Scotland: Northern Constabulary launch murder investigation over teen death" — Wikinews, December 5, 2011
- "Two Lewis men in court accused of teenager’s murder" — Hebrides News, December 12, 2011
- "Two remanded over island boy murder" — Press Association, December 12, 2011