U.S. House to decide on submitting articles of impeachment to Senate
Wednesday, January 15, 2020
Mitch McConnell, the Senate Majority Leader, has indicated the trial could possibly commence on Tuesday, January 21, subject to agreement on the procedures to be followed. McConnell has expressed a preference to proceed similarly to the impeachment trial of President Bill Clinton in 1998.
Pelosi also mentioned the House will appoint as yet unnamed impeachment managers to conduct the prosecution in the trial. "The American people deserve the truth, and the Constitution demands a trial." Pelosi said. Additionally, the House must allocate money for the trial.
On December 18, the House passed two articles of impeachment. The first charged President Trump with abuse of power, and the second accused him of Congress.of
- "US House of Representatives impeaches President Trump" — Wikinews, December 21, 2019
- Brian Naylor, Kelsey Snell, Susan Davis. "House To Vote Wednesday To Send Impeachment Articles To Senate" — , January 14, 2020
- Christina Wilkie. "Pelosi says House will send Trump impeachment articles to the Senate Wednesday" — , January 14, 2020
- Heather Cathleen and Burgess Everett. "Pelosi and McConnell finally break impeachment impasse" — , January 14, 2020
- Jeremy Herb and Manu Raju. "House of Representatives impeaches President Donald Trump" — , December 19, 2019