U.S. Pentagon releases Guantanamo detainees' names
Tuesday, March 7, 2006
The United States Pentagon, under court orders, has released the names of hundreds of Guantánamo detainees.
An Associated Press request under the Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) brought about the release of the information, but the U.S. military is not being cooperative in doing so. The Pentagon has released 6,000 pages of documents on a website.
The documents are the transcripts of Combatant Status Review Tribunals of 500 detainees. The transcripts were released in June 2005 in response to an Associated Press FOIA request, but with the names blacked out.
- "Pentagon reveals Guantanamo names" — , March 4, 2006
- "Pentagon releases names of Guantanamo detainees" — , March 3, 2006
- Jim Garamone. "Litigation Forces DoD to Release Names of Some Gitmo Detainees" — , March 3, 2006
- Miranda Leitsinger and Ben Fox. "Pentagon releases names of Gitmo inmates" — , March 4, 2006
- Detainee records released by the US Department of Defense.