UEFA Euro 2016, day 13: Iceland-Austria, Hungary-Poland, Italy-Republic of Ireland and Sweden-Belgium
Saturday, June 25, 2016
On Wednesday in UEFA Euro 2016, Iceland defeated Austria 2–1, Hungary drew against Portugal 3–3, Italy lost 0–1 to Republic of Ireland and Belgium defeated Sweden 1–0. Hungary, Italy, Republic of Ireland, Belgium, Portugal and Iceland qualified for the Last 16 knockout phase.
Group F — Iceland 2–1 Austria
scored an early goal putting Iceland in front. Iceland drew 1–1 in their previous matches. Even this match seemed likely to end in 1–1 after scored an equaliser in the 60th minute, but scored the late match-winning goal for Iceland.
Iceland qualified for Last 16 knockout phase, while Austria was eliminated winning only one point in a goalless draw against Portugal.
Group F — Hungary 3–3 Portugal
Hungary were 1–0 up in the 19th minute asfound the net. Before half-time, equalised for Portugal. put The Hungarians in front, scoring the second goal in the 47th minute. In the 50th minute, Portuguese captain scored and, in doing so, became the first player to score in four different Euro tournaments. Five minutes later, Dzsudzsák scored the third goal for Hungary. In the 62nd minute, Ronaldo scored for Portugal and the match ended in a 3–3 draw, making it the highest scoring match in this tournament till now.
Portugal's all three matches ended in a draw in the group stage. Both Hungary and Portugal have qualified for the Last 16 knockout phase.
Group E — Italy 0–1 Republic of Ireland
Italy had qualified for the Last 16 knockout phase winning the previous match against Sweden. Butscored a late goal which helped Republic of Ireland qualify for the knockout phase as well.
Group E — Sweden 0–1 Belgium
In the 84th minute, Zlatan Ibrahimović failed to score in the fourth Euro tournament. He had announced that he would quit his international duty after Sweden finished this tournament.scored the only goal of the match for the Belgians. While Belgium qualified for the knockout phase, Sweden has been eliminated, and with that loss, Swedish captain
- "UEFA Euro 2016, day 12: Ukraine-Poland, Northern Ireland-Germany, Czech Republic-Turkey and Croatia-Spain" — Wikinews, June 24, 2016
- "Zlatan to retire from international football" — Wikinews, June 23, 2016
- Johann Olafur Sigurdsson and Daniel Thacker. "UEFA EURO 2016 - Iceland-Austria" — , June 22, 2016
- "Live Scores - UEFA EURO 2016: Iceland - Austria" — , June 22, 2016
- Matt Watson-Broughton and Joshep Walker. "UEFA EURO 2016 - Hungary-Portugal" — , June 22, 2016
- "Live Scores - UEFA EURO 2016: Hungary - Portugal" — , June 22, 2016
- Benjamin Gladwell and Paul Bryan. "UEFA EURO 2016 - Italy-Republic of Ireland" — , June 22, 2016
- "Live Scores - UEFA EURO 2016: Italy - Republic of Ireland" — , June 22, 2016
- Sujay Dutt and Berend Scholten. "UEFA EURO 2016 - Sweden-Belgium" — , June 22, 2016
- "Live Scores - UEFA EURO 2016: Sweden - Belgium" — , June 22, 2016