UEFA Euro 2016, day 2: Albania-Switzerland, Wales-Slovakia, England-Russia face off
Tuesday, June 14, 2016
On Saturday, day two in the UEFA Euro 2016, debutants Albania lost to Switzerland 0–1; Wales defeated Slovakia 2–1; and England and Russia shared the spoils at 1–1. Russia was later penalized — today — by the .
Group A — Albania 0–1 Switzerland
The match was held atstadium in , . scored a goal early in the match. Albania's captain was sent off in the first half after picking up a second .
The Swiss had greater ball possession. Schär scored a goal in the 5th minute and saw a yellow card around the 13th minute. In this match,played against his brother .
Group B — Wales 2–1 Slovakia
As Wales took on Slovakia,scored from a free-kick in the 10th minute of the game, providing an early lead to Wales. Slovakia had greater possession in the match, but they were trailing till the 61st minute. was brought on in place of as the match reached the one hour mark. In the next minute, he scored an equaliser. In the 81st minute, scored the winner for Wales. Slovak captain was the last man to be booked, in injury time. The match saw five yellow cards, all for Slovakia players.
Group B — England 1–1 Russia
Though the first half of the match saw no bookings or goals, supporters of both of nations created much trouble for the French police.witnessed hooliganism before the match began. According to , the UEFA threatened to disqualify both Russia and England if their supporters repeat this behavior.
In the match,scored the first goal in the 73rd minute. There were just two bookings in the match — of England in the 62nd minute and in the 72nd minute. As the match was inching towards the final whistle, scored in injury time, and the match ended in a 1–1 draw.
Today, the UEFA fined the €150,000 for supporters' misbehavior; and put them on probation, in the form of a suspended disqualification from the tournament.
- "UEFA Euro 2016: France wins opening match 2-1 vs Romania" — Wikinews, June 13, 2016
- "Sanctions imposed on Russian Football Union" — , June 14, 2016
- Owen Gibson. "England and Russia could be thrown out of Euro 2016 if there is more violence" — , June 13, 2016
- Tony Pandovski. "UEFA EURO 2016- Albania-Switzerland" — , June 11, 2016
- "Live Scores - UEFA EURO 2016- Albania - Switzerland" — , June 11, 2016
- Mark Pitman. "UEFA EURO 2016 - Wales-Slovakia" — , June 11, 2016
- "Live Score- UEFA EURO 2016 - Wales-Slovakia" — , June 11, 2016
- Simon Hart. "UEFA EURO 2016 - England-Russia" — , June 11, 2016
- "Live Score- UEFA EURO 2016 - England-Russia" — , June 11, 2016