UEFA Euro 2016, day 9: Belgium-Republic of Ireland, Iceland-Hungary, Portugal-Austria
Sunday, June 19, 2016
Yesterday in UEFA Euro 2016, Belgium defeated the Republic of Ireland 3–0, Iceland versus Hungary ended in a 1–1 draw, and Portugal versus Austria ended in a goalless draw. Iceland scored an own goal and Cristiano Ronaldo missed a penalty kick.
Group E — Belgium 3–0 Republic of Ireland
Eden Hazard led Belgium after a 0–2 loss to Italy. Romelu Lukaku opened the scoring in the 48th minute. Within a quarter hour, Axel Witsel netted the second goal of the match from a header in the 61st minute. Ten minutes later, Hazard assisted Lukaku who scored the third goal of the match.
Belgium are second in their group table with three points.
Group F — Iceland 1–1 Hungary
scored from the penalty spot around the 40th minute putting Iceland ahead before the half-time whistle. The Hungarians, who won their previous fixture defeating Austria 2–0, had better ball possession and passing accuracy than Iceland, but were unable to equalise. Later, around the 88th minute, scored an own goal and the match ended in a 1–1 draw.
Iceland have drawn 1–1 in both of their group fixtures. Hungary is at the top of the Group F table with four points.
Group F — Portugal 0–0 Austria
Portugal versus Austria was the second goalless draw of the tournament. Six players were booked in the match. Portugal had greater ball possession. In the 78th minute, Cristiano Ronaldo. Portugal won a penalty kick, but Ronaldo hit the woodwork.of Austria was yellow-carded for bringing down Portugal captain
Portugal made 23 attempts to score. In contrast, Austria had just three attempts.
- "UEFA Euro 2016, day 8: Italy-Sweden, Czech Republic-Croatia, Spain-Turkey" — Wikinews, June 18, 2016
- Berend Scholten and Paul Bryan. "UEFA EURO 2016 - Belgium-Republic of Ireland" — , June 18, 2016
- "Live Scores - UEFA EURO 2016: Belgium - Republic of Ireland" — , June 18, 2016
- Johann Olafur Sigurdsson andMatt Watson-Broughton. "UEFA EURO 2016 - Iceland-Hungary" — , June 18, 2016
- "Live Scores - UEFA EURO 2016: Iceland - Hungary" — , June 18, 2016
- Joseph Walker and Daniel Thacker. "UEFA EURO 2016 - Portugal-Austria" — , June 18, 2016
- "Live Scores - UEFA EURO 2016: Portugal - Austria" — , June 18, 2016