UN says no genocide in Darfur
Sunday, February 6, 2005
NEW YORK,United States —
The report also says that the Sudanese government and its Arab militias had committed crimes against humanity by destroying villages and torturing, killing and raping civilians. According to the report, there is credible evidence that local rebel groups, including the Sudanese Liberation Army, are responsible for serious violations of international law which may amount to war crimes.
The government of the United States and aid agencies say genocide is been committed in Sudan.
- "Sudan: 'Genocide' not cited in U.N. report" — , January 31, 2005
- William Eagle. "UN Report Says Genocide Was Not Committed in Darfur" — , February 1, 2005
- "UN rules out genocide in Darfur" — , February 1, 2005
- "UN report stops short of labelling Darfur 'genocide'" — , February 1, 2005
- Glenn Kessler and Colum Lynch. "U.S. Calls Killings In Sudan Genocide" — , September 10, 2004