Uribe-Chavez meeting postponed
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Friday, February 4, 2005
South America — The Colombian President Alvaro Uribe Vélez was forced to cancel the planned meeting with the Venezuelan President Hugo Chávez on Thursday. He is suffering from gastrointestinal and labyrinthitis problems.
Uribe remains hospitalized in the Naval Hospital of Cartagena in Colombia.
- Venezuela-Colombia crisis:Castro intervenes, Chavez and Uribe scheduled to meet February 1, 2005.
- Venezuela-Colombia crisis continues January 24, 2005.
- Brazilian President meets President of Colombia January 20, 2005.
- Colombia releases official notice in response to Venezuela January 17, 2005.
- Marxist intellectuals support arrested FARC leader January 15, 2005.
- Capture of FARC member creates crisis between Venezuela and Colombia, January 15, 2005.
- "Una intoxicación se le atravesó a la cumbre" — El País (Colombia), February 4, 2005
- "Uribe suspende cumbre y gira" — BBC, February 4, 2005
- "Hospitalizan a Uribe" — BBC, February 4, 2005
- "Cancelan viaje del presidente Uribe a Venezuela y Europa debido a su delicado estado de salud" — El Tiempo (Colombia), February 4, 2005