188.8.131.52, welcome to Wikinews! I hope you like the place and decide to stay. Here are a few good links for newcomers:
Our key policies - if you read anything, read these!
- Wikinews:Neutral point of view - tell every side to a story in a fair and balanced way
- Wikinews:Cite sources - everything in a Wikinews article must be sourced
Here a few pointers to help you get to know Wikinews:
- Wikinews:Introduction - overview of the site
- Wikinews:Writing an article - how to write and publish a complete article
- Wikinews:Content guide - what's suitable for Wikinews
- Wikinews:Style guide - how articles should look before publishing
- Wikinews:Contents - the contents page.
There are always things to do on Wikinews:
- Existing articles need expanding and checking for spelling and mistakes
- The front page lead articles often need updating
- Developing stories need finishing and publishing
- Discussions need your input
- Audio Wikinews could always use more contributors
- And of course, stories need writing!
By the way, you can sign your name on Talk pages using four tildes (~~~~), which produces your name and the current date. If you have any questions, you can ask them at the water cooler or to anyone on the Welcommittee, or ask me on my Talk page. Again, welcome! → CGorman (Talk) 12:58, 28 Mar 2005 (UTC)
- Thanks for the welcome - this was my first edit on WikiNews, although I'm a very frequent editor (and an admin) at Wikipedia (where I use the name "Grutness"). To be honest I doubt I'll be reporting much to WikiNews simply because I am so busy at Wikipedia - just seemed surprising that this story wasn't anywhere to be seen here. I may be back sporadically, but one wiki is probably enough for me! :)
Please leave any messages at my Wikipedia page
Note re edits from this anon address
It seems that other users use this same anonymous address. Please note that since March 2005 all edits I have made to wikinews have been with my username, rather than as an anon. Grutness 12:15, 9 September 2005 (UTC)
Edits of 8 Feb 06
This account was blocked by Amgine on account of "Do not change links." I was merely replacing PNG images with SVGs from Commons. I contribute as commons:en:User:Greentubing and w:en:User:Greentubing but have no WN account yet.
Re vandalism: My userpage has been vandalised in the past and I know what harm vandalism does. My edits were not vandalism, and it would be nice to know hy WN does not use SVG...
[WHOIS • RDNS • RBLs • Traceroute• Torstatus • Rangeblock finder • Global Blocks]
[RIRs: America · Europe · Africa · Asia-Pacific · Latin America/Caribbean]