18.104.22.168, welcome to Wikinews! I hope you like the place and decide to stay. Here are a few good links for newcomers:
Our key policies - if you read anything, read these!
- Wikinews:Neutral point of view - tell every side to a story in a fair and balanced way
- Wikinews:Cite sources - everything in a Wikinews article must be sourced
Here a few pointers to help you get to know Wikinews:
- Wikinews:Introduction - overview of the site
- Wikinews:Writing an article - how to write and publish a complete article
- Wikinews:Content guide - what's suitable for Wikinews
- Wikinews:Style guide - how articles should look before publishing
- Wikinews:Contents - the contents page.
There are always things to do on Wikinews:
- Existing articles need expanding and checking for spelling and mistakes
- The front page lead articles often need updating
- Developing stories need finishing and publishing
- Discussions need your input
- Audio Wikinews could always use more contributors
- And of course, stories need writing!
By the way, you can sign your name on Talk pages using four tildes (~~~~), which produces your name and the current date. If you have any questions, you can ask them at the water cooler or to anyone on the Welcommittee, or ask me on my Talk page. Again, welcome! → CGorman (Talk) 20:47, 19 Apr 2005 (UTC)
Hello. Your recent contribution(s) constitute vandalism and have been reverted or removed. Further vandalism may result in your account or IP address being blocked from editing without further notice. Please contribute to Wikinews in a constructive fashion instead. Thank you.
Referencing on Wikinews
Hi, I should explain that every piece of info on Wikinews needs a verifiable source (eg an external link). If there isn't one, it'll be removed - in order to maintain a high level of confidence in our product we need to back ourselves up as much as possible.
I searched for a BBC News profile has you indicated existed in your edit summary, and have added it using the source template (go to Wikinews:Writing an article for more info), and re-added your information. I'm sorry this isn't the greatest introduction you could've had to Wikinews. Dan100 (Talk) 21:37, 19 Apr 2005 (UTC)
[WHOIS • RDNS • RBLs • Traceroute• Torstatus • Rangeblock finder • Global Blocks]
[RIRs: America · Europe · Africa · Asia-Pacific · Latin America/Caribbean]