Chileno, welcome to Wikinews! Thank you for your contributions; I hope you like the place and decide to stay! If you haven't done so already, you may want to create an account.
Our key policies - if you read anything, read these!
- Wikinews:Neutral point of view - tell every side to a story in a fair and balanced way
- Wikinews:Cite sources - everything in a Wikinews article must be sourced
Here a few pointers to help you get to know Wikinews:
- Wikinews:Introduction - overview of the site
- Wikinews:Writing an article - how to write and publish a complete article
- Wikinews:Content guide - what's suitable for Wikinews
- Wikinews:Contents - the contents page.
- Wikinews:Newsroom - The comunity portal
There are always things to do on Wikinews:
- Existing articles need expanding and checking for spelling and mistakes
- The front page lead articles often need updating
- Developing stories need finishing and publishing
- Discussions need your input
- And of course, stories need writing!
By the way, you can sign your name on Talk pages using four tildes (~~~~), which produces your name and the current date. If you have any questions, you can ask them at the water cooler or to anyone on the Welcommittee, or ask me on my Talk page. Again, welcome! Brian New Zealand 00:34, 29 December 2005 (UTC)
where are you hearing that Pinochet has died?
- See the talk page. I am right here in CLinica Tabancura. It is all very exiting!
you need at least two (2) sources when you can get them Brian New Zealand 00:37, 29 December 2005 (UTC)
Patience. It's breaking news. It came some fifteen minutes ago.
When we receive confirmation, we will quickly and gladly undelete -- as it stands, even having an article in development can spread misinformation. Please be patient and understand. --Chiacomo (talk) 01:06, 29 December 2005 (UTC)
- ARe you chilean? Then tune in to ANY NEWS CHANNEL. If you aren't, I sure expect CNN and BBC to report this soon. Please have patience.
- I am furious now. I make an account in Wikinews to help it since I'm a reporter, an I get accused of being a hoax BY A USER WHO ISN'T EVEN IN CHILE TO FIND OUT ABOUT THIS BREAKING NEWS!
- You are claiming in your article that the Chilean president has already commented saying "I was eating nachos, just like Allende was before the coup, when I saw the news." Aside from being moderately funny, it also would have caused CNN, the BBC and just about any other news channel to jump in screaming, just like you, BREAKING NEWS. They haven't done that. You, sir, are posting hoaxes to Wikinews. --Deprifry|+T+ 01:17, 29 December 2005 (UTC)
Hola Chileno, Pinochet se murió hoy de verdad... 126.96.36.199 00:07, 29 March 2006 (UTC)