Emesee, welcome to Wikinews! I hope you like the place and decide to stay. Here are a few good links for newcomers:
Our key policies - if you read anything, read these!
- Wikinews:Neutral point of view - tell every side to a story in a fair and balanced way
- Wikinews:Cite sources - everything in a Wikinews article must be sourced
Here a few pointers to help you get to know Wikinews:
- Wikinews:Introduction - overview of the site
- Wikinews:Writing an article - how to write and publish a complete article
- Wikinews:Content guide - what's suitable for Wikinews
- Wikinews:Contents - the contents page.
There are always things to do on Wikinews:
- Existing articles need expanding and checking for spelling and mistakes
- The front page lead articles often need updating
- Developing stories need finishing and publishing
- Discussions need your input
- Audio Wikinews could always use more contributors
- And of course, stories need writing!
By the way, you can sign your name on Talk pages using four tildes (~~~~), which produces your name and the current date. If you have any questions, you can ask them at the water cooler or to anyone on the Welcommittee, or ask me on my Talk page. Again, welcome! Jacques Divol 15:07, 24 August 2007 (UTC)
- maybe at the bottom of the requested articles page, but we dont need a separate page, and making people fill out more info helps to sort the wheat from the chaff and also gives more info etc.
- Firstly, since I am watching you talk page I have moved your comment here to make this discussion easier to follow. In response to your question there are a number of reasons but one issue is that of your userpage, it is slightly odd to see a user editing another user's page which is actually theirs, your userpage should be under whichever username you intend to use. Adambro (talk) 20:28, 21 June 2008 (UTC)