Happyme22, welcome to Wikinews! I hope you like the place and decide to stay. Here are a few good links for newcomers:
Our key policies - if you read anything, read these!
- Wikinews:Neutral point of view - tell every side to a story in a fair and balanced way
- Wikinews:Cite sources - everything in a Wikinews article must be sourced
Here a few pointers to help you get to know Wikinews:
- Wikinews:Introduction - overview of the site
- Wikinews:Writing an article - how to write and publish a complete article
- Wikinews:Content guide - what's suitable for Wikinews
- Wikinews:Style guide - how articles should look before publishing
- Wikinews:Contents - the contents page.
There are always things to do on Wikinews:
- Existing articles need expanding and checking for spelling and mistakes
- The front page lead articles often need updating
- Developing stories need finishing and publishing
- Discussions need your input
- Audio Wikinews could always use more contributors
- And of course, stories need writing!
By the way, you can sign your name on Talk pages using four tildes (~~~~), which produces your name and the current date. If you have any questions, you can ask them at the water cooler or to anyone on the Welcommittee, or ask me on my Talk page. Again, welcome! Thanks for your help thusfar, it's much appreciated! Sherurcij 02:12, 3 October 2007 (UTC)
- Sure thing. I'm just used to the Wikipedia citing, and have to review all of Wikinews' policies. Thanks though, Happyme22 - (talk) 02:02, 26 March 2008 (UTC)
- Just one question, regarding the Former first lady Nancy Reagan endorses McCain article: the event, according to all media sources, occured on Tuesday, March 25. Yet the event occured on March 26, according to the Wikimedia foundation server (I don't know the actual name of it - a clock is shown here). Since it happened in the US, at about 7 PM that is tenchnically March 25, correct? and should be written - and everything updated - as so. A response would be appreciated. Thanks, Happyme22 - (talk) 06:12, 26 March 2008 (UTC)