PyroAlters, welcome to Wikinews! I hope you like the place and decide to stay. Here are a few good links for newcomers:
Our key policies - if you read anything, read these!
- Wikinews:Neutral point of view - tell every side to a story in a fair and balanced way
- Wikinews:Cite sources - everything in a Wikinews article must be sourced
Here a few pointers to help you get to know Wikinews:
- Wikinews:Introduction - overview of the site
- Wikinews:Writing an article - how to write and publish a complete article
- Wikinews:Content guide - what's suitable for Wikinews
- Wikinews:Style guide - how articles should look before publishing
- Wikinews:Contents - the contents page.
There are always things to do on Wikinews:
- Existing articles need expanding and checking for spelling and mistakes
- The front page lead articles often need updating
- Developing stories need finishing and publishing
- Discussions need your input
- Audio Wikinews could always use more contributors
- And of course, stories need writing!
By the way, you can sign your name on Talk pages using four tildes (~~~~), which produces your name and the current date. If you have any questions, you can ask them at the water cooler or to anyone on the Welcommittee, or ask me on my Talk page. Again, welcome! --SVTCobra 22:13, 17 June 2008 (UTC)
When you undo vandalism, first press the history tab, then click on the dates until you find the last pre-vandalism version, then press the edit tab while viewing that version. You'll get a warning that your editing an out of date version, ignore it. Place an edit summery of "reverting vandalism" and hit save. It will make that pre-vandalism version the current version. You don't need any special admin powers to do this or anything (although we admins get a button to do it quicker). Nyarlathotep (talk) 11:38, 18 June 2008 (UTC)