TheVault, welcome to Wikinews! I hope you like the place and decide to stay. Here are a few good links for newcomers:
Our key policies - if you read anything, read these!
- Wikinews:Neutral point of view - tell every side to a story in a fair and balanced way
- Wikinews:Cite sources - everything in a Wikinews article must be sourced
Here a few pointers to help you get to know Wikinews:
- Wikinews:Introduction - overview of the site
- Wikinews:Writing an article - how to write and publish a complete article
- Wikinews:Content guide - what's suitable for Wikinews
- Wikinews:Contents - the contents page.
There are always things to do on Wikinews:
- Existing articles need expanding and checking for spelling and mistakes
- The front page lead articles often need updating
- Developing stories need finishing and publishing
- Discussions need your input
- If you're interested in audio recordings, Audio Wikinews could always use more contributers
- And of course, stories need writing!
By the way, you can sign your name on Talk pages using four tildes (~~~~), which produces your name and the current date. If you have any questions, you can ask them at the water cooler or to anyone on the Welcommittee, or ask me on my Talk page. Again, welcome! — Doldrums(talk) 04:16, 29 January 2007 (UTC)
Categories, portals, etc.
Please make sure the categories that you create have more than one article. Wikinews is smaller than Wikipedia and the policies are very tight when it comes to categories, portals, etc. I will not delete the categories that you have created today but someone could list it on deletion requests if it is not used on other articles in the future. Happy editing :-) —FellowWikiNews (W) (sign here!) 21:21, 18 March 2007 (UTC)
Have you seen 2008 Taipei Game Show Photo Gallery on Commons? This is a full record by me because I exclusively get the Press Badge from the organizer. And also, I've coordinated to the Taipei Book Fair Foundation for the upcoming show of "2008 Taipei International Book Exhibition" , more information will be available after some translation by me. Currently, I don't prefer to contact with political organizations if necessary. Brock contact... 14:59, 2 February 2008 (UTC)