Wii tops U.S. video game console sales in February
Saturday, March 17, 2007
|This page has been automatically archived by a robot, and is no longer publicly editable.|
NDP Group released the independent February United States video game sale reports today leaving gaming companies with things to both worry, and jump for joy about. Nintendo had a strong lead last month with the DS and Wii at the top of the list at 485,000 and 335,000 units sold, respectively. Nintendo alone sold 54% of industry wide merchandise.
Microsoft beat out Nintendo for best-selling game of the month with its Xbox 360 exclusive game, Crackdown. Nintendo filled the other 3 spots in the top 4 with Wii Play with Wiimote at number 2, Diddy Kong Racing at number 3, and The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess coming in 4th.
Sony only made one spot on the top 10 best-selling games list for February with Guitar Hero 2 bundle coming in 5th overall.
The president of the American Nintendo, Reggie Fils-Aime said, "We're gratified that the explosive appeal of Wii, in terms of both new players and new ways to play, has created unprecedented demand, substantially beyond supply."
Top 10 Best-Selling Games for February 2007
- 1. Crackdown (Xbox 360)
- 2. Wii Play with Wii Remote (Wii)
- 3. Diddy Kong Racing (DS)
- 4. The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess (Wii)
- 5. Guitar Hero 2 Bundle (PlayStation 2)
- 6. Gears of War (Xbox 360)
- 7. MLB 2K7 (Xbox 360)
- 8. Lost Planet: Extreme Condition (Xbox 360)
- 9. WarioWare: Smooth Moves (Wii)
- 10. NBA Street: Homecourt (Xbox 360)
- Brendan Sinclair. "Console-makers spin February NPD figures" — , March 16, 2007
- "Nintendo's Wii North America's top-selling console once again during February" — , March 16, 2007
- Brendan Sinclair. "NPD: February US game sales up 28 percent" — , March 15, 2007