Wikinews:Arbitration Committee/Elections July 2007/SVTCobra Questions
Jump to navigation Jump to search
This is the page dedicated for allowing anyone to ask SVTCobra questions regarding his candidacy for the July 2007 Arbitration Committee elections.
- Answer: The seismic velocity of moon "rock" is much closer to cheese than any rock found on earth. I admit that this is not conclusive proof that the moon is made of cheese. To maintain WN:NPOV, Wikinews articles should neither presume that the Moon is made of cheese nor that it isn't. --SVTCobra 18:43, 12 July 2007 (UTC)
- Answer: I must admit that I don't quite understand why ArbCom should be suspended and then re-activated if there is a dispute. I mean what is the difference between a suspended ArbCom and an ArbCom with no pending cases? Are there weekly meetings even if there are no cases pending or something else that I am not aware of?
- That being said, I do understand the concept of setting a higher bar before ArcCom hears cases. Perhaps policy should be revised such that ArbCom does not automatically accept any case that is put before them, but rather one or two Admins (not party to the dispute, of course) must agree that a legitimate dispute exists, before invoking ArbCom. However, this change in policy should be a community vote and can be done at any time. There is no reason to commingle it with the election of committee members.
- Maybe we are saying the same thing and I am just loath to used the term "suspend". --SVTCobra 14:46, 13 July 2007 (UTC)
- Just to clarify, I am not currently taking a position on whether there should be a "higher standard" before ArbCom hears a case. Since there are so few cases recently, perhaps there shouldn't be, but I haven't given this issue enough thought yet. Nonetheless, I do understand the concept, if circumstances should arise under which the process gets abused. --SVTCobra 00:07, 18 July 2007 (UTC)
- Why should we vote for you and not for someone else? --Steven Fruitsmaak (Reply) 22:29, 14 July 2007 (UTC)
- Answer: You should vote for me if you think I am best-suited for the job. I think, I am well-suited as I expressed in my acceptance. I am volunteering my time and service. --SVTCobra 14:02, 15 July 2007 (UTC)
- Where can I find a record of your deeds? Laleena 15:52, 24 July 2007 (UTC)