|This is an archive of past discussions from Wikinews:Water cooler/technical/archives/2015. Do not edit the contents of this page. If you wish to start a new discussion or revive an old one, please do so on the|
Page view statistics
Hello! I'm an accredited writer, hoping to get back into the swim of things with some original reporting. One of the events I'm hoping to get into asks for "5,000 hits/month and at least 1,000 unique visitors per month".
- I was trying the home page, and clicking on page history, but the external tool for page view stats doesn't work. Is this just temporarily down, or have they stopped supporting page-by-page stats for Wikinews?
- These dumps seem to suggest 9613 views on September 1 so far, for en.n? I've never read these charts before. https://dumps.wikimedia.org/other/pagecounts-raw/2015/2015-09/projectcounts-20150901-080000
Can anyone give me a nice, shiny number? I'd be photographing the events too, so I can throw in the stats for relevant pages on Wikipedia, but I'd love to be able to give a number from Wikinews itself. -- Zanimum (talk) 21:02, 1 September 2015 (UTC)
Articles talk page got lost when renamed
Articles lose connections to the talk page when moved by renaming the title. Example:
- Talk:Vuelta a España: Mikel Landa dominates hardest mountain stage should be appear at
Open call for Individual Engagement Grants
Greetings! The Individual Engagement Grants program is accepting proposals from August 31st to September 29th to fund new tools, community-building processes, and other experimental ideas that enhance the work of Wikimedia volunteers. Whether you need a small or large amount of funds (up to $30,000 USD), Individual Engagement Grants can support you and your team’s project development time in addition to project expenses such as materials, travel, and rental space.
- Submit a grant request
- Get help with your proposal in IdeaLabor an upcoming Hangout session
- Learn from examples of completed Individual Engagement Grants
I JethroBT (WMF), 09:34, 5 September 2015 (UTC)
- There is less than one week left to submit Individual Engagement Grant (IEG) proposals before the September 29th deadline. If you have ideas for new tools, community-building processes, and other experimental projects that enhance the work of Wikimedia volunteers, start your proposal today! Please encourage others who have great ideas to apply as well. Support is available if you want help turning your idea into a grant request. I JethroBT (WMF) (talk) 15:24, 24 September 2015 (UTC)
Reimagining WMF grants report
Last month, we asked for community feedback on a proposal to change the structure of WMF grant programs. Thanks to the 200+ people who participated! A report on what we learned and changed based on this consultation is now available.
Come read about the findings and next steps as WMF’s Community Resources team begins to implement changes based on your feedback. Your questions and comments are welcome on the outcomes discussion page.
Take care, I JethroBT (WMF) 17:02, 28 September 2015 (UTC)