Developer Wishlist Survey: propose your ideas
At the Wikimedia Developer Summit, we decided to organize a Developer Wishlist Survey, and here we go:
The Wikimedia technical community seeks input from developers for developers, to create a high-profile list of desired improvements. The scope of the survey includes the MediaWiki platform (core software, APIs, developer environment, enablers for extensions, gadgets, templates, bots, dumps), the Wikimedia server infrastructure, the contribution process, and documentation.
The best part: we want to have the results published by Wednesday, February 15. Yes, in a month, to have a higher chance to influence the Wikimedia Foundation annual plan FY 2017-18.
There's no time to lose. Propose your ideas before the end of January, either by pushing existing tasks in Phabricator or by creating new ones. You can find instructions on the wiki page. Questions and feedback are welcome especially on the related Talk page.The voting phase is expected to start on February 6 (tentative). Watch this space (or even better, the wiki page) - SSethi_(WMF) January 21st, 2017 3:07 AM (UTC)
Newsfeed on Special:NewPages
On the main page, there is a link to the newsfeed of Wikinews, but underneath special:NewPages: there is a link to another feed with wikisource code included. The feedlink on the main page is the better one. Does the English community wants to change the link on special:NewPages? See: . If the answer is Yes, I can put a phabricator request with the same request for Wikinews NL. --Livenws (talk) 18:29, 11 January 2018 (UTC)
- The main page provides a feed with published articles.
- The Special:NewPages page provides two feeds, one with published articles and another with any new pages (this corresponds to the search query specified at the page top, i.e. searching for new pages in 'Talk' namespace modifies the provided new pages feed accordingly).
- Since Special:NewPages already provides both feeds, I am not sure what is the proposed change?
- --Gryllida (talk, chat) 22:43, 11 January 2018 (UTC)
- @Gryllida - Is someone interested in a feed with articles in development? On Wikinews Ymnes (if I'm not wrong) said that the feed from special:NewPages shows some strange wikicode (in a feedreader), Do you have this too? --Livenws (talk) 16:20, 15 January 2018 (UTC)