Wikinews Shorts: April 28, 2008
A compilation of brief news reports for Monday, April 28, 2008.
Another taxi driver's strike possible in Bristol
Taxi drivers in Bristol, United Kingdom have said that they may plan another strike in protest of new regulations from the local city council. This announcement comes after a one day taxi drivers strike across Bristol in protest of the regulations.
Iran in talks with India and Pakistan about pipeline
The deal is close to being signed according to The Hindu.
- "Iran to discuss pipeline with India, Pakistan" — , April 28, 2008
- Nirupama Subramanian. "Ready to sign gas pipeline project, say Iran, Pakistan" — , April 28, 2008
US president Bush to visit Middle East
George W. Bush, the president of the United States, will visit Israel, Saudi Arabia, and Egypt in the days of May 13 to May 18, 2008. He is scheduled to meet with leaders of each country and deliver remarks at the World Economic Forum on the Middle East.
- "Bush to visit Israel, Egypt, Saudi Arabia in May" — , April 28, 2008
- Press Release: "President Bush to Travel to Israel, Saudi Arabia, and Egypt" — , April 28, 2008
Programmer Hans Reiser Convicted Of Murdering Wife
A jury in California, United States, has convicted Hans Reiser of murdering his wife Nina Reiser. Ms. Reiser's body was never found. The jury convicted despite defense claims that Ms. Reiser is alive and living in her native country, Russia. Police claim Mr. Reiser killed his wife in early September 2006. There was a large amount of circumstantial evidence against Hans Reiser, including blood evidence and unusual financial transactions.
- "Software programmer guilty of wife's murder" — , April 28, 2008
- Associated Press. "Oakland software programmer found guilty of murder" — , April 28, 2008