Wikinews Shorts: June 10, 2008
A compilation of brief news reports for Tuesday, June 10, 2008.
Akihabara helpers should take a medical checkup, police say
The police announced on Monday that one person may have hepatitis B among those involved in Sunday's Akihabara rampage in Tokyo.
Anyone who might have had contact with blood from the rampage (e.g. who helped to care, rescue, carry a victim) should undergo a checkup to examine the infection, as soon as possible.
- "万世橋警察署: 緊急のお知らせ" — , June 10, 2008 ()
- "Victim of Akihabara stabbing spree infected with hepatitis B" — , June 10, 2008
- "Akihabara stabbing suspect cries during interrogation; media detail his online rage, loneliness" — , June 10, 2008
- "秋葉原通り魔：Ｂ型肝炎感染の疑い 介護者に検査呼び掛け" — , June 10, 2008 ()
- "救護した人に血液検査呼びかけ 警視庁「感染の恐れ」" — , June 10, 2008 ()
Mississippi River Bridge hit by 3 barges
Three barges that were loaded with corn broke from a towboat and crashed into the bridge. The event happened in Des Moines, Iowa.