".asia" domain applications near 300,000 on opening of registration
Friday, February 29, 2008
The new generic top-level domain, ".asia", met with an Internet landrush following the February 20 launch of the Asia-Pacific domain. Applications have not only come from Asian countries, but also from Europe and North America. Asia accounted for 35% of all applications with Europe and North America taking 40% and 24% respectively.
According to the DotAsia Organization, global application on launch were approximately 266,700. Currently Dotalliance Inc. & EuroDNS S.A. are the top two registrars.
With the ".asia" domain having become notable, many more applications are expected before the closing date of March 12.
|This is a complete or partial translation of the article ".Asia全球搶灘潮 申請量單日逼近三十萬", from the Chinese language Wikinews, published under the Creative Commons Attribution 2.5 License.|
- ".ASIA申請量 可望突破歐盟.eu 最後階段申請 首日26萬筆 三月底正式上線" — , February 26, 2008 ()
- Press Release: ".Asia 開放全球註冊 首日搶灘總量直逼30萬" — .asia, February 22, 2008 ()
- Press Release: ".Asia Landrush opens with 300,000 Domain Applications Total of 266,663 Applications Received on First Day of Landrush" — .asia, February 21, 2008
- Michael Hatamoto. "The starting gun sounds for the .ASIA domain landrush" — , February 20, 2008
- Press Release: "AsiaDNS Commemorates First Day of .Asia Landrush with Special Promotion" — EuroDNS, February 20, 2008