A dozen 7-Elevens transformed into Kwik-E-Marts to promote Simpsons movie
Thursday, July 5, 2007
To promote The Simpsons Movie that will be released July 26, 2007, over a dozen 7-Elevens in the United States have been transformed into Kwik-E-Marts, the grocery store from the popular TV series. Most of the other 7-Eleven stores will also sell products with brands reminding of The Simpsons, such as Buzz Cola, Krustyo's cereal, squishees, and Bart Simpson's favourite comic book Radioactive Man, but not Duff Beer, Homer's favourite drink.
Inside the outlets are employees dressed like Simpsons characters such as Marge, Homer and Bart Simpson.
In the 20th Century Fox series, the Springfield Kwik-E-Mart is run by Apu Nahasapeemapetilon, a stereotypical Indian shopkeeper who always greets his customers with "Thank you, come again", lives for his store but also changes the expiration dates on Kwik-E-Mart products.
The stores that received the make-over are located in:
- Burbank, CA
- Chicago, IL
- Dallas, TX
- Denver, CO
- Lake Buena Vista, FL/Orlando, FL
- Las Vegas, NV/Henderson, NV
- Los Angeles, CA
- New York City, NY
- Orlando, FL
- San Francisco, CA/Mountain View, CA
- Seattle, WA
- Vancouver, BC/Coquitlam, BC
- Washington, DC/Bladensburg, MD
- Press Release: "Locate a Kwik-E-Mart" — 7-Eleven, Retrieved July 5, 2007
- Andrew Clark. "7-Eleven hires Apu" — , July 3, 2007
- "The Simpsons' Kwik-E-Marts open in the US" — , July 3, 2007
- Sal Pizarro Who needs the Kwik-E-Mart? I do! Around Town with Sal Pizarro, July 2, 2007