British tourists missing in Pichilemu, Chile
Thursday, March 4, 2010
Some of the named include Kirsty Duff, from Aberdeenshire, Dave Sandercock, from Edinburgh, both 25, Andre Lanyon, from Guernsey, and Laura Hapgood, both 29. Tina Cadwallader Lopes, her husband from Portugal, and their two children are also missing.
Google's Person Finder was created after the Haiti earthquake to help people find family or friends in Chile. Initially reported deceased through this service, Kirsty Duff and Dave Sandercock were later reported alive and safe in Santiago.
The Guardian reports that at least two couples from the UK were staying in the resort of Pichilemu, and are among those who are yet to contact their families.
The couple was reported alive by Ellie Sandercock, who also said they were in Santiago, as of 9 PM GMT in March 1, 2010.
- "Kirsty Duff" — , 4 March 2010
- "HELP US TO SEARCH OUR SURFERS, FRIENDS AND FAMILY!" — , March 2, 2010
- "British tourists missing in Chile" — , March 3, 2010
- Adam Gabbat. "Chile earthquake: concern grows for missing Britons" — , March 1, 2010
- Aislinn Laing. "Chile earthquake: families of two British couples fear for their safety" — , March 1, 2010
External Links