Hackers hit Swedish police website
Friday, June 2, 2006
The police's website went down on late June 1, after a Denial of Service attack sent large amounts of traffic to the site, causing it to crash.
Police spokesmen Lars Lindahl said today that a link with The Pirate Bay "is quite possible, but that is only speculation." He added that a criminal investigation has started.
It was later revealed a 17-year-old student, who claims “it only took 10 minutes”, carried out the attack that kept the site down for almost a day.
Related news 
- "The Pirate Bay and Piratbyrån raided" — Wikinews, May 31, 2006
- "US accused of sinking The Pirate Bay" — Wikinews, June 2, 2006
- "The Pirate Bay back online" — Wikinews, June 3, 2006
- Associated Press. "Swedish Police Web Site Attacked" — , June 2, 2006
- "Hackers hit Swedish police site" — , June 2, 2006
- "Piraterna: Nu börjar kriget" — , June 3, 2006
|This page has been automatically archived by a robot, and is no longer publicly editable.|