Libertarian National Committee motion to chastise Ron Paul for not endorsing U.S. presidential nominee Bob Barr released
Wednesday, September 17, 2008
Many libertarians have spoken out against Barr since his last minute refusal to attend former Ron Paul's third party unity conference at the in last Wednesday.presidential hopeful
One faction of the 17-member LNC, led by at-large representative— who lost the Libertarian Party's presidential nomination to Barr at the in May by only a few votes — is supporting a resolution to apologize to Paul.
This is being countered by another faction led by Treasurer Aaron Starr, who favors a resolution to chastise Paul for not endorsing Bob Barr and “splitting the Freedom Movement.” The motion supported by Starr was made available online Tuesday night. It can be read in its entirety below.
Starr's Motion 
The Libertarian National Committee is disappointed to learn that you have recently urged those in the freedom movement to vote for the likes of Ralph Nader, Cynthia McKinney and Chuck Baldwin, none of whom truly grasp the meaning of Liberty.
More than before, we remain committed to our nominees for President and Vice President, Bob Barr and Wayne Root. We believe both of them boldly present the ideals of limited government, lower taxes, lower spending, and more freedom to the American people.
We invite you to restore your commitment to Liberty by supporting the only candidates on the ballot this year who understand the Constitution and are prepared to restore our republic to what the Founders believed.
HAVE YOUR SAY
Do you agree with Aaron Starr's motion to chastise Ron Paul for not endorsing Bob Barr?
The Libertarian National Committee
Related news 
- "Libertarian National Committee in fierce deadlock over how to address growing Bob Barr controversies" — Wikinews, September 15, 2008
- "Plans set in motion for the removal of Bob Barr as the Libertarian Party's U.S. presidential nominee" — Wikinews, September 13, 2008
- "Controversy spreads over Libertarian U.S. presidential nominee Bob Barr" — Wikinews, September 12, 2008
- "Proposed LNC motion expresses ‘disappointment’ with Ron Paul; invites endorsement of Barr/Root" — , September 16, 2008
- "Bob Barr snubs Ron Paul and other third party candidates" — , September 11, 2008