Local government elections held in Balochistan, Pakistan
Tuesday, December 10, 2013
Saturday, local bodies elections were held in Pakistan. Pakistan has not held local bodies elections since 2002.,
Polling was active from 8:00AM to 5:00PM(0300 to 1200 ). High security arrangements were made; law enforcement officials were deployed at the polling stations.
According to media reports, in some areas of province women were stopped from casting their vote. Missing elections material delayed the beginning of voting in some regions. Polling inwas stopped after inter-group violence there. Violence in reportedly injured four people.
About 18000 candidates ran for over 4000 positions. Six million ballots were printed. 33,000 polling staff had been appointed to over 5000 polling stations. Over 54,000 security personnel were assigned to keep order.
According to Pakistani newspaper, sources in the provincial home department said overall voting turnout was 70% in , 65% in , 55% in , 50% in , 45% in , and 35% in . Nevertheless, in some of districts turnout remained very low. For example, turnout remained 15% in and 10% in .
Unofficial election results for district council of, containing , are as follows:
|Union Council||Winner||Party Affiliation||Votes Obtained|
|04-Hanna||Kahn Zaman||Pashtoonkhwa Milli Awami Party||1405|
|06-Kuchlak||Yasin Khan||Pashtoonkhwa Milli Awami Party||2112|
|07-Aghbargh||Asmatullah||Pashtoonkhwa Milli Awami Party||871|
- "Local Govt. (Balochistan) Results" — , December 10, 2013 (date of access)
- "LG Elections in Balochistan" — , December 8, 2013
- Saleem Shahid. "Balochistan votes peacefully in local bodies’ polls" — , December 8, 2013
- "Independents leading Balochistan LB polls" — , December 8, 2013
- "Local bodies elections: Polling held in Balochistan" — , December 7, 2013
- Dawn and Syed Ali Shah. "Local bodies elections: Balochistan local govt elections: Polling draws to a close" — , December 7, 2013