NHL: Ducks charge to two game lead over Wild
Friday, April 13, 2007
Ducks lead series 2-0. (Best of Seven)
|Minnesota Wild||2||3||Anaheim Ducks|
François Beauchemin scored on a pair of power plays and Ilya Bryzgalov made 30 saves to help the Ducks to a 2-0 lead in the best-of-seven Western Conference series. Games 3 and 4 are in St. Paul on Sunday and Tuesday.
The Wild struggled again on the power play, going 0-for-6 after failing to convert on four power plays in the 2-1 opening loss. Then there was the Ducks' short-handed goal. Ryan Getzlaf took a pass from Travis Moen along the left boards, feinted inside against Minnesota defenseman Martin Skoula, cut outside and zipped around him. The Ducks' center then flipped the puck over Nicklas Backstrom's stick.
Minnesota coach Jacques Lemaire said: "I thought we played a great game. It was just getting the power play to go a little better and staying out of the box. The rest of the game was fine."
Mikko Koivu scored from the top of the crease, managing to get off the shot as he was falling down, and the puck got past Bryzgalov on the glove side. Marian Gaborik scored at 3:33 of the second period to draw the Wild even 1-1.
|1||1nd||13:19||ANA||Francois Beauchemin (1) PP||Samuel Pahlsson, Travis Moen||0-1|
|2||2nd||3:33||MIN||Marian Gaborik (1)||Pavol Demitra, Kurtis Foster||1-1|
|3||2nd||16:17||ANA||Francois Beauchemin (2) PP||Ryan Getzlaf, Teemu Selanne||1-2|
|4||2nd||18:43||ANA||Ryan Getzlaf (1) SH||Travis Moen, Chris Pronger||1-3|
|5||3rd||15:04||MIN||Mikko Koivu (1)||Brent Burns||2-3|
Three Stars of the Game
- #1 = Francois Beauchemin, D, Anaheim Ducks - 2 Goals
- #2 = Ryan Getzlaf, C, Anaheim Ducks - 1 Goal, 1 Assist
- #3 = Ilja Bryzgolov, G, Anaheim Ducks - 30 saves
- Official Website of the Anaheim Ducks
- Official Website of the Minnesota Wild
- National Hockey League Official Website
- NHL Online ReportViewer - Game Summary
- NHL Online ReportViewer - Event Summary
- NHL Online ReportViewer Play-by-Play