NHL: Turco shuts out Canucks in Stars victory
Friday, April 13, 2007
Series equal at 1-1. (Best of Seven)
|Dallas Stars||2||0||Vancouver Canucks|
The Vancouver Canucks came out flat just one game after the sixth longest game in NHL Playoff history. Marty Turco shut down the Canucks offense, stopping all 35 shots he faced, as the Dallas Stars tied the best-of-seven series. Turco picked up right where he had left off in the previous game, when he held the Canucks scoreless through four overtime periods, keeping the net empty for over 90 minutes.
The Stars scored in the first 24 seconds in the game, even though they couldn't score in 78:06 of overtime in Game 1. Jeff Halpern scored his 1st goal of the postseason, beating Vancouver goaltender Roberto Luongo, who hadn't allowed a goal in nearly five periods of play. The only other goal of the game would also belong to Joel Lundqvist, who scored 45 seconds into the final period.
Dallas will looks to take the series lead when they do battle again with Vancouver on Sunday, this time on the Stars' home ice. Opening face off is scheduled for 9:30 pm EDT.
|1||1st||0:24||DAL||Jeff Halpern (1)||Sergei Zubov, Stu Barnes||1-0|
|2||3rd||0:45||DAL||Joel Lundqvist (1)||Mike Modano, Stu Barnes||2-0|
Three Stars of the Game
- #1 = Sergei Zubov, D, Dallas Stars - 1 Assist
- #2 = Henrik Sedin, C, Vancouver Canucks
- #3 = Marty Turco, G, Dallas Stars - Shutout Win with 35 saves
- Official Website of the Vancouver Canucks
- Official Website of the Dallas Stars
- National Hockey League Official Website
- Yahoo! Sports Boxscore - Vancouver 5, Dallas 4
- NHL Online ReportViewer - Game Summary
- NHL Online ReportViewer - Play-by-Play
- NHL Online ReportViewer - Event Summary