Talk:"Creationism and intelligent design have no place in the UK science curriculum" says UK Government
From Wikinews, the free news source you can write!
Highly unorthodox article
- rather POV headline, don't ya think?
- use of first-person as in "we can read"; is this a narrative?
- creative use of a discussion board as a source. Can't the gov't position be found anywhere else?
--188.8.131.52 13:23, 26 June 2007 (UTC)
- ad 1) I feel that the headline express well the Her Majesty's Government position
- ad 2) pls, improve - I did my best and do not feel that I could make better
- ad 3) the "discussion board" is an official means of HMG to communicate with UK citizens - it is, IMHO, equal to press release published on the web; but one may ask the e.g. the PM Office to write something more ...
-- Alexandr Snajdar 13:53, 26 June 2007 (UTC)
- JQF fixed it
- I fixed it: changed "we can read" to "a spokesperson wrote"
- I'll concede that it does appear to be official government communications posted there, but I fixed pub field in the sources. --184.108.40.206 15:26, 26 June 2007 (UTC)
- looks much better now, indeed :-) -- Alexandr Snajdar 06:20, 27 June 2007 (UTC)