Talk:BBC denies "conspiracy" over 9/11 video
I will continue to work on this article throughout the day, as (or if) the story develops. It seems significant enough that Google Video/Youtube found it necessary to censor this video, even going so far as to lock out people's accounts who attempted to upload it, however as of this morning they seem to be allowing it again. I understand the neutrality is disputed; any suggestions on how to make it more neutral? Maidix 11:54, 28 February 2007 (UTC) maidix
- The title speaks about unanswered questions, I'd simple stick to the conspiracy, you can use the "rename" button to change the title. Also I'd provide a link to the mentioned websites (under external links).--Steven Fruitsmaak (Reply) 16:55, 1 March 2007 (UTC)
It might be a good idea to balance out this article with some alternative explanations for the BBC footage. Here's one I came up with off the top of my head:
- In the confusion, "WTC7" gets substituted for the name of some building that actually collapsed.
- BBC research team gathers detailed data about WTC7, sends to reporter.
- Reporter, not familiar with which building is which, fails to notice the still-standing WTC7 and reports what she is handed.
- Hilarity ensues. (Well, not hilarity.)
was the background a re-run?
I remember seeing over and over again the airplane flying into the first and second tower, and the same bit of video information was shown by all channels, not only BBC. So, was the background shown in the interview actually live, or was it a re-run? I would guess it was a re-run, which would explain the seeming discrepancy between the text and the images.
- Josef D.
things to mention
1.did the cia leak this in order to create a storm of 9/11 truthers outrage and outspokenness, only to strengthen the image of conspiracy theorists as irrational and fanatical (www.breakfornews.com) 2. there are now around 500 comments on the bbc website about the footage.