User talk:Buttons to Push Buttons
Buttons to Push Buttons, welcome to Wikinews! I hope you like the place and decide to stay. Here are a few good links for newcomers:
Our key policies - if you read anything, read these!
- Wikinews:Neutral point of view - tell every side to a story in a fair and balanced way
- Wikinews:Cite sources - everything in a Wikinews article must be sourced
Here a few pointers to help you get to know Wikinews:
- Wikinews:Introduction - overview of the site
- Wikinews:Writing an article - how to write and publish a complete article
- Wikinews:Content guide - what's suitable for Wikinews
- Wikinews:Contents - the contents page.
There are always things to do on Wikinews:
- Existing articles need expanding and checking for spelling and mistakes
- The front page lead articles often need updating
- Developing stories need finishing and publishing
- Discussions need your input
- If you're interested in audio recordings, Audio Wikinews could always use more contributers
- And of course, stories need writing!
By the way, you can sign your name on Talk pages using four tildes (~~~~), which produces your name and the current date. If you have any questions, you can ask them at the water cooler or to anyone on the Welcommittee, or ask me on my Talk page. Again, welcome! DragonFire1024 22:08, 8 April 2007 (UTC)
NZ v SA
Hi, I switched the duplicate tag over to the other article - I originally did it the other way round as w:2007_Cricket_World_Cup linked to it. I'm not sure what the convention is though - should it be seeding or order of innings? Pilchard 16:11, 14 April 2007 (UTC)
- Yeah, thanks. :) Thought it was a bit odd the way round it was but didn't want to cause a fuss so was asking an admin what the protocol was. Re: which way round they should be, I'm generally doing it alphabetically... I don't think there's been any general trend as to how it's done. The guy who made it the other way round put another game as Bangladesh vs Australia, so I don't think he's using any particular method. Cheers. AllynJ 16:16, 14 April 2007 (UTC)
It's not you, I'm just getting tired, it's 1.45am where I live... good spotting, don't hesitate to correct things in the future. Thanks for the great article btw, I'm putting in up as featured story right now.--Steven Fruitsmaak (Reply) 23:46, 28 April 2007 (UTC)