Dcoetzee, welcome to Wikinews! I hope you like the place and decide to stay. Here are a few good links for newcomers:
Our key policies - if you read anything, read these!
- Wikinews:Neutral point of view - tell every side to a story in a fair and balanced way
- Wikinews:Cite sources - everything in a Wikinews article must be sourced
Here a few pointers to help you get to know Wikinews:
- Wikinews:Introduction - overview of the site
- Wikinews:Writing an article - how to write and publish a complete article
- Wikinews:Content guide - what's suitable for Wikinews
- Wikinews:Style guide - how articles should look before publishing
- Wikinews:Contents - the contents page.
There are always things to do on Wikinews:
- Existing articles need expanding and checking for spelling and mistakes
- The front page lead articles often need updating
- Developing stories need finishing and publishing
- Discussions need your input
- Audio Wikinews could always use more contributors
- And of course, stories need writing!
By the way, you can sign your name on Talk pages using four tildes (~~~~), which produces your name and the current date. If you have any questions, you can ask them at the water cooler or to anyone on the Welcommittee, or ask me on my Talk page. Again, welcome!--Cspurrier 12:35, 24 August 2005 (UTC)
Due to WN:COI please don't edit U.K. National Portrait Gallery threatens U.S. citizen with legal action over Wikimedia images directly. If you find errors please note them on the collaboration page and let someone else verify and make the change to the article. It is merely the appearance of impropriety. Cheers, --SVTCobra 21:07, 15 July 2009 (UTC)
- In this case I assumed it was okay because it was a minor spelling correction to my name. Nevertheless, I will heed your advice just to be extra careful. Dcoetzee (talk) 21:29, 15 July 2009 (UTC)