User talk:G Clark
G Clark, welcome to Wikinews! I hope you like the place and decide to stay. Here are a few good links for newcomers:
Our key policies - if you read anything, read these!
- Wikinews:Neutral point of view - tell every side to a story in a fair and balanced way
- Wikinews:Cite sources - everything in a Wikinews article must be sourced
Here a few pointers to help you get to know Wikinews:
- Wikinews:Introduction - overview of the site
- Wikinews:Writing an article - how to write and publish a complete article
- Wikinews:Content guide - what's suitable for Wikinews
- Wikinews:Style guide - how articles should look before publishing
- Wikinews:Contents - the contents page.
There are always things to do on Wikinews:
- Existing articles need expanding and checking for spelling and mistakes
- The front page lead articles often need updating
- Developing stories need finishing and publishing
- Discussions need your input
- Audio Wikinews could always use more contributors
- And of course, stories need writing!
By the way, you can sign your name on Talk pages using four tildes (~~~~), which produces your name and the current date. If you have any questions, you can ask them at the water cooler or to anyone on the Welcommittee, or ask me on my Talk page. Again, welcome!--Cspurrier 03:09, 18 September 2005 (UTC)
bird flu story
Hi! You can change the text of the synopsis on the Main Page:
- go to 'Write/edit articles'
- select Update top story
- make changes to 'synopsis='
- then 'Save' your changes
-Edbrown05 01:33, 15 October 2005 (UTC)
Thanks, I didn't know I could edit the main page. G Clark
- Your welcome, and please do edit the Main Page and others. Collectively they get better. -Edbrown05 14:38, 15 October 2005 (UTC)